Monday, September 24, 2018

The Long War: The Fleshless

Continuing the fight against my unpainted miniatures, I offer you the first half of my undead which comprises all the undead without flesh. Basically, skellies, ghosts, wraiths, wights, and so, so many Liches.

Many different companies from a span of about 30 years! Can you guess them all?


So had to strip some of these bad boys as my newly discovered paint scheme requires a white prime vs my usual black priming. 2 days in a Pine Sol (my house smells so spring fresh!) and water solution did the trick and doesn't harm the minis, rinse and dry then prime.


Here's an early attempt that I didn't like. decided the only thing not ethereal-looking would be the weapons.
 
 
 
Ended up with a hand painted base coat with 100% coverage, then 2 highlight coats, the first a little wet, the second a little dry. 3 layers of color tend to make a figure have enough depth to look good (the way I paint, anyway).


Here's a completed shot with the flash on, just for the effect.

Still undecided how I'll paint the next group (I have some ideas, but...) which includes zombies, ghouls, wights (the d&d type with flesh on them vs the Warhammer type which were included above as they're basically tough as nails skellies) and vampires.

No comments:

Post a Comment